Car accidents can be frightening and traumatic for anyone involved. This is especially true when the accident results in serious injury. An accident throws a person’s whole life into chaos and disorder. Medical bills can pile up and people may experience a loss of wages due to ongoing pain and physical therapy. After a car accident you may wonder if you have a legitimate claim for damages and recompense. This is where an auto accident lawyer can help answer your questions and help you understand what your options are.
Determining If You Have A Case
Since every car accident is different and involves varying sets of circumstances and issues you will need to sit down with an attorney and explain everything that happened in order to determine if you have a case or not. The attorney will listen to all of your information and look over police reports to determine how they can help you and what action should be taken on your behalf. There are several considerations that should be addressed to determine if you have a legitimate case for compensation or not.
- What Injuries Did You Sustain? – the lawyer will want to know the extent of your injuries to determine if you require ongoing medical care.
- Whose Fault Was It? – knowing who was at fault in the accident is very important
- Where Was the Accident? – the location is important because there may be outside considerations to work through if the accident happened on the property of a business or the government.
- Are There Permanent Injuries? – the answer to this question will determine the amount of damages that can be expected.
- Were There Alcohol or Drugs Involved? This is very important and will also help determine the fault of the accident and what actions will follow.
Finding the Best Lawyer
You will want to be sure to find the best lawyer that you can to represent you and your needs during this difficult time. Find an attorney that has a proven track record for helping their clients receive the settlements that they deserve. Schedule a time to sit down and discuss all of the aspects of your case. Many lawyers will visit their clients in the hospital if they are unable to make it to their offices due to their injuries. A good lawyer will fight to get you the compensation and help that you need after an accident. Visit Juliansanderslaw.com for more information.